April Fool is on our doorstep, and in addition to Souvla’s large-scale commitment to turning their entire restaurant into a one-day-only taqueria (complete with the guise of a guest donkey), a number of other locals in the catering have decided to do their own pranks. Here’s a look at some of today’s funniest April Fool’s Day items; if you have one to share, click on the tips line and we’ll update accordingly.
- Leave it at boba guys stay on trend offering boba bone broth. “A refreshing combination of salty and sweet!” [@bobaguys]
- the San Francisco Cooking School knows that “cooking is overrated. And so is eating. All you really want to do is Instagram photos to show your friends, so what better than a class that has NO cooking, NO meals and four hours of pure Instagram bliss?” Enter Insta-Food, a four-hour Instagram seminar taught by suspect Graham Worthy. They’ll have makeup artists on hand to dust your cheek with flour for that “surprise baking” look. [SFCS]
- Just in case The Bold Italic has you hoping, the lines to Brenda’s, Bi-Rite Creamery, Smitten Ice Cream, Tartine Bakery, Nopa, and 4505 Burgers & BBQ are most certainly do not for manual work. [The Bold Italic]
- While we wish this one were true, it’s pretty safe to say that Smokehouse of Perdition won’t be getting a bunch of ultra-rare beers from Cantillion in Belgium anytime soon, especially in cans. [Facebook]
- The mysterious disappearance of The pork apothecaryThe beloved mascot of Theo the Pig has us wondering if he was slaughtered for firewood, but we’re told he’ll reappear before the day is out. [Facebook]
- Chris Cosentino is very happy to be a contestant on New Nordic, New Jerseythe 18 episodes, Big brotherstyle reality show starring Rene Redzepi and the staff of Noma. And apparently Alice Waters the product ! [@offalchris]